Work for Vail Resorts
Entry: Alpine Race Coach - Heavenly
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Entry Level Alpine Coach works with Senior Coaching Staff to provide quality ski instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Colorado and California Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines. We are an in-house team, with foundation support and tremendous growth opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- High School or Equivalent Education
- Attend Ski and Ride training sessions
- PSIA/AASI and/or USSA/FIS certification
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently.
- Experience working with guests of all ages
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Previous ski/snowboard coaching experience
- Knowledge of local area/resort
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring all age groups
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126329
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago