Work for Vail Resorts
Broomfield, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Employment Counsel will provide employment-related legal advice for operating subsidiaries and resorts in certain geographic locations. That advice must promote effective and efficient achievement of operational business goals while balancing risk and minimizing potential legal liability. Employment Counsel will perform and provide assistance with internal investigations of employment practice-related complaints, draft responses to government agency inquiries and charges, and assist in supervising outside counsel with respect to employment-related litigation in the geographic locations of responsibility. Employment Counsel also will be responsible for providing advice and support enterprise-wide in certain specific subject areas, such as OFCCP/Federal Contract Compliance, Benefits, OSHA, Workers’ Compensation, and Talent Acquisition, including, for example, immigration/visa compliance, background checks, and use of alternative staff.
- Provide advice and counsel to Human Resources across certain divisions and subsidiaries of Vail Resorts, Inc. concerning all HR related issues, including employee relations and wage-hour
- Support and drive HR compliance and process development efforts, in certain specific subject areas
- Propose, create, review and provide employment practices-related training to HR and to operations
- Conduct and provide counsel on internal investigations of employment-related and other types of complaints, ensuring that claims are addressed promptly, thoroughly and appropriately
- Investigate, and prepare responses to EEOC and state fair employment agency discrimination charges and other types of employment-related agency complaints, such as federal and state departments of labor and health and safety agencies.
- Monitor state and federal employment legislation and governmental agency enforcement priorities and advise of developments that may or will affect the organization
- Supervise and/or partner with internal and outside counsel in employment-related adversarial proceedings in most effective and efficient manner
- Analyze, draft, review and revise agreements governing employment relationships, as well as other types of contracts
- Other duties as assigned
- JD from accredited law school required
- Minimum 6 years experience focused in employment law, with significant time devoted to advice and counseling, with a highly-rated law firm and/or major corporation
- Experience addressing benefits, immigration, OSHA, OFCCP/Federal Contractor compliance preferred
- Active state bar license, CO preferred
- Clear and concise, superior oral and written English language communication skills required
- Excellent judgment and the ability to analyze problems, propose resolutions, and provide advice that is creative, practical and legally acceptable, taking into account the needs and objectives of the business
- Maturity and strong leadership skills
- Strong “presence” and the ability to quickly gain the confidence of clients
- Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values, including proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments and prioritize work assignments as needed to meet client needs.
- Ability to see the big picture along with strong attention to detail
- Detail oriented, with a high degree of follow-through
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to combine a sense of urgency with patience and diplomacy
- Ability to work under high pressure conditions and to successfully handle stressful situations
- Ability to adapt as necessary and establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with co-workers, subordinates, in-house attorneys, and members of the various business units
- Must have a passion for promoting a positive, productive culture that furthers the company mission of "experience of a lifetime"
- Must be able to properly research legal questions and to provide clear and concise written and oral advice.
- Must have experience performing investigations and judging credibility
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125506
6 months ago