Work for Vail Resorts
Distribution Operations Senior Manager
Aurora, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
This position leads a variety of functions within the corporate Logistics group but is also a technical expert in the retail Distribution Center environment. This position is the primary point of contact for the DC cycle count program including required internal and external audit reports. Fleet manager for the retail division including capital cycles, USDOT compliance and cost reduction. Responsible for regular reporting on a variety of DC performance, vendor accuracy / compliance metrics, and various limited accounts payable functions. Oversees the Special Order department.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the Distribution Center cycle count program. Reports and responds to Internal and External Audit requests and requirements on a regular basis.
- Fleet manager for retail division that includes maintenance management, vehicle capital request cycles, driver training, USDOT and Canadian fleet compliance, fleet operating cost reduction, etc.
- Oversees the Special Order department which has three year-round and three seasonal team members. This department is accountable for assisting stores with “extended aisle” service to our guests.
- Accurately produce regular metrics reports on a weekly, monthly and annual basis that drive positive results and roll up to annual DC goals. 2 FTE in this department.
- Responsible for capital projects for the Logistics division. Planning, budgeting, coordination but not necessarily project management.
- Maintains the policy and procedure documents related to distribution center operations (MMS and other systems).
- Responsible for project management within the logistics division including technology needs and acquisitions.
- Work side-by-side the DC/warehouse management team to establish and implement a consistent strategy for continuous improvement, including process improvement, space utilization, equipment utilization, operational consistency, training and best practice sharing
- Assisting Senior Director with regular operational meetings, goal setting and mid-year/year-end reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years experience in process management of inventory control, supply chain, warehouse, vehicle fleets, retail operations.
- 5 years experience supervising clerical staff and supervisory staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Office functions: especially Excel
- Experience working with AS400 based inventory system
- English fluency
- Ability to work flexible/extended hours, including evenings and/or weekends and overnight travel as needed
- Strong understanding of business processes including retail operations, distribution and logistics operations, including inventory control and accounting practices
- Understanding of USDOT fleet requirements
- Experience with interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and disciplinary actions
- Proficient in JDA’s Merchandise Management System - preferred
- EDI experience - preferred
- Retail background - preferred
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado, in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate headquarters team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more about positions at our corporate office. Visit www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127857 ELJ
6 months ago