Work for Vail Resorts
Dispatcher - Entry Level
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Dispatcher expedites communications and dispatches company personnel and vehicles.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide superior customer service while interacting with our internal and external customers
- Answer a multitude of telephone and radio calls; determine nature of calls; refer to appropriate department or personnel.
- Periodically direct guests to the appropriate area or department while providing superior customer service.
- Answer a wide variety of standard/routine questions; respond to emergencies; dispatch appropriate personnel; report problems related to building, lift or electrical maintenance, grooming, skiing services, police, ambulance and helicopter requests.
- Act as communications center for department via radio to monitor and coordinate daily activities, emergency responses. Monitor all radio communication to keep up to date on activities and to dispatch calls and messages. Dispatch company vehicles.
- Maintain various logs and other records related to assigned duties such as: power on and off to all lifts, lift openings and closures. Line checks, mechanical and electrical problems, skiing service, grooming and snowmaking positions.
- Prepare, update and maintain various reports such as: daily operations, security related reports, accident reporting.
- Perform various clerical tasks related to department operations.
- Adhere to Vail Resorts Guidelines including Grooming and Dress Code Policy
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Exposure to inclement weather conditions.
- High School education or equivalent, plus previous clerical experience or dispatch experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: General supervision is received from the Dispatch Team Lead.
- Three to five years of relevant organizational and administrative experience, or a combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Basic typing and clerical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn a wide variety of information about department operations quickly.
- Ability to make decisions quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
- Broad base of general clerical and office management knowledge and skills.
- Experience in organizing and maintaining moderately complex filing and records systems.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of company personnel, guests, clients and various outside firms and organizations.
- Able to multi-task in an effective manner.
- Knowledge of Park City trials and lifts.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124218
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago