Work for Vail Resorts
Dispatch - Resort Security
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Security Dispatcher will be responsible for answering phone calls that come into the Security department, determining if a security response is needed and then dispatching via two way radio calls to the appropriate security officer. This position will work three 10 hour shifts per week.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The dispatcher will also be entering all calls for service into a computer data base.
- The dispatcher will answer radio calls from security officers and input patrol checks and other info in the call data base
- They will be responsible for handling miscellaneous administrative tasks as time permits and will assist the manager and supervisors with these tasks
- Dispatch personnel are responsible for providing exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers through their daily activities
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources
- Track Security Patroller's locations throughout shift
- Able to get to work in all weather conditions including heavy snow
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English language proficiently
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays -required
- High school diploma/GED -required
- Proficient with computer and specifically MS Office applications -required
- Outstanding phone and customer service skills –required
- Previous dispatch radio experience -preferred
- Approachable, friendly, and out-going personality
- Ability to multitask, stay calm in stressful situations, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate professionally with coworkers, customers and vendors
- Knowledge of Breckenridge Mountain and Hospitality areas -preferred
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126653
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago