Work for Vail Resorts
Heavenly, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: A Dispatcher will be responsible for recording and relaying information. Some of these responsabilities will be as follows but not limited to, emergency response situations, commmunications during lift opening and closing to ensure a smooth and on-time opening/closing of the resort to the public and snow reporter, keep key functions within the resort apprised of progress and anticipated delays. This person will ensure timely customer service by facilitating reports of lift stoppages to affected parties, keeping track of down time and alerting responders of time elapsed as it affects our compensation policy.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Facilitate communications between on mountain services, (Lift Ops, Lodges, etc.) qualified medical personnel and Ski Patrol.
- Facilitate communication between guest services, other functions, and Security to promote timely responses.
- Monitor heavy (6 line) phone and two-way (10 chnl) radio traffic and make announcements as required by changing conditions and situations.
- Draft and Publish Snow Report.
- Update Electronic Signage Boards.
- During down time, assist Executive and Mountain Operations staff with projects.
- 40 hours a week/ 4 days on 3 days off ( 10 hours a day)
- Keep an up to date log of operations, downtime, and other reports as necessary.
- Monitor weather and keep MOD updated with changing conditions..
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Power Point
- A clear speaking voice; a clear command and understanding of the English language.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries in a coherent and professional fashion. Must have the ability to multi-task and perform during stressful situations.
- Must possess the basic mathematical skills of adding, subtraction, multiplication, and division and all basic units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127817
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago