Work for Vail Resorts
Dishwasher, Game Creek Restaurant - Dishwasher
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Nestled just below Eagle's Nest and just above the Game Creek chair lift, Game Creek Restaurant is a truly unique location, with a private, members-only lunch balanced with a gourmet dinner program. Dining at Game Creek is an exceptional experience where guests overlook the beautiful Game Creek Bowl and either ski in for lunch or ride a snowcat for dinner. Game Creek Restaurant offers delectable, five-star, locally-sourced American cuisine, complimented by an award-winning wine list and superior service. This breathtaking European chalet-style restaurant is Vail Mountain’s signature fine dining location.
As an employee of Game Creek, you will work among a talented and passionate culinary and service staff, in one of the most beautiful settings in the world. The team at Game Creek is exactly that: a TEAM. All members of the staff support one another with the ultimate goal of providing excellent experiences for our Game Creek Club members and our dinner guests. Come work with us and see what Vail has to offer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- As a Dishwasher you are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing dishes, plastic ware, glasses, pots and pans, as well as kitchen equipment in a high volume restaurant from the start of the business day until the end.
- Responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of dish room area, pot sinks, front and back line kitchens, pastry kitchen, loading dock and employee bathrooms.
- Demonstrate the ability to work at a very quick pace in a humid environment.
- Keep up to date with the daily cleaning schedule.
- Ensure the kitchen, line and restaurant floor have the right amount of pots, pans, utensils, china, glassware and silverware at all times during operation hours.
- Demonstrate ability to set up a three compartment sink.
- Pick up and replenish used pots and pans from the line during service.
- Stock and maintain all the janitorial storage supplies.
- Ensure all hand wash stations in the kitchen and bathrooms are stocked with towels, hand wash soap and sanitizer.
- Assist in garbage removal from the kitchen and breaking down of food storage bins.
- Sweep, brush and mop floor regularly.
- Ensure the kitchen mats and drains are cleaned daily after service.
- Always use personal protective equipment while working.
- Clean out the dish machine regularly during service and de-lime the machine frequently.
- Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or advised by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior Management.
- Must be at least 18 years of age - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs. - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic are a must - required.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested - required.
- Conversational Spanish - preferred.
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification (or be able to attain) - required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125285
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago