Work for Vail Resorts
Director of Compliance
Broomfield, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As Compliance at Vail Resorts guides the Company to live up to its “Do Right” value and to seek the right trail. Compliance does this by: (1) identifying, assessing and prioritizing the Company’s legal, regulatory and operational risks, in partnership with Internal Audit and business leaders; (2) supporting operations in developing and implementing sustainable and scalable processes to mitigate those risks; (3) testing risk mitigation processes for compliance and making recommendations for improvement; and (4) educating operations about the “Do Right” value and consistently operating with integrity. The Director of Compliance is responsible for directing and executing the Company’s Compliance efforts as outlined, in consultation with the Vice President of Compliance, the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, and the Executive Committee. The Director of Compliance achieves his/her purpose by, among other things, prioritizing risks and risk mitigation efforts, developing and executing on compliance and testing project plans, and effectively leading and/or tracking compliance efforts, metrics and reports. In addition the Director of Compliance is responsible for ensuring employees receive regular training and education on ethical behavior and the Code of Ethics, reviews ethics related concerns and questions, provides recommendations on resolution to the Ethics Committee, and communicates outcomes and answers.
- Prepares and executes on a prioritized list of initiatives for each fiscal year, including testing and monitoring of processes intended to mitigate risks and promote compliance, and support to operations in developing effective mitigation processes and procedures.
- Oversees planning and implementation of initiatives working with compliance leads in operational units to ensure timely and on budget completion.
- Where no compliance lead exists or for cross-operational projects, leads project teams in planning and implementing initiatives, on time and on budget.
- Proactively builds and leads effective and practical tracking of compliance initiatives, completed compliance plans, and ongoing compliance through the GRC tool or other appropriate means.
- Contributes to an effective, appropriate and regular company-wide risk identification and assessment process.
- Builds an effective and innovative Ethics program that focuses on maintaining and improving a culture of integrity.
- Working with a cross-functional team, develops & maintains an effective compliance training program (live and online) in support of the Code of Ethics & Business Conduct and other legal training requirements
- Manages & responds to ethics questions from employees and management, ensuring that issues are appropriately handled, assigned for investigation, discussed with appropriate members of leadership and resolved in compliance with feedback received, company values, and internal policies and procedures
- Leads & coordinates an effective mechanism for tracking of changes in the compliance environment (including to the Federal Sentencing Guidelines), assigns ownership for evaluation of impact of any change, assisting as needed with interpretation, and, if changes are needed, oversees planning and implementation.
- Creates reports and/or dashboards for Senior Management and the Board of Directors concerning the Compliance Program and various initiatives, including preparation of reports to the Audit Committee.
- Develops and maintains 1) a thorough understanding of the organization’s various companies, lines of business, and operations, worldwide, and 2) strong and effective working relationships with employees at all levels, throughout the organization.
- Maintain memberships in and participate in appropriate compliance and ethics organizations, monitor developments in ethics and compliance, update team including Chief Compliance Officer, and identify and champion best practices as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least six years in a compliance, audit or business process consulting role required, with at least some portion of the time spent in a corporate audit, compliance or legal department
- At least six years of strong program and project management experience including experience with change management and incorporation of business needs and practical realities into systems and process
- Experience leading multi-functional teams with members that are not direct reports
- 2 years experience and success in supervising and motivating other professional staff
- Clear and concise oral and written English language communication skills
- Excellent ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent judgment, critical thought, and the capacity to make decisions and give advice which demonstrates an understanding of the risk/rewards of each situation.
- Practical and creative problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Maturity and strong leadership skills with the capacity to articulate positions and provide direction.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong executive “presence” and the ability to quickly gain the confidence of clients, enhanced by a strong sense of team and outstanding people skills.
- Flexibility of style as a member of multi-disciplinary teams and as a business person.
- Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values, including proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments and prioritize work assignments as needed to meet client needs.
- Ability to see the big picture along with strong attention to detail.
- A high level of passion and self-motivation.
- Recognized compliance certification or the equivalent a plus.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficiency in Visio a plus
- Experience with a Governance Risk Compliance software solution a plus
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124507
about 1 month ago