Work for Vail Resorts
Development Teams Coach (JETS) - Part Time
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Development Team Coach (JETS) - Part Time- Winter Seasonal – Kirkwood, CA
Job Summary: The Development teams coaches will work with kids ages 6-14 in a season long team environment. The team will train every weekend and some holidays developing all mountain skiing skills. The role requires excellent planning, communication and programming skills. The coach will provide quality training to program kids in a safe and fun manner while upholding all California Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines. This job can be combined with teaching in the Ski & Ride School to provide full time work.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Upholding the highest levels of safety on varied terrain in a high alpine setting with varying winter weather conditions
- Communicating with program coordinator, athletes and parents on skill development and progress
- Following all Expedition Kirkwood and company policies and procedure and guidelines
- Evaluating kids skills sets, developing a plan accordingly and working with program coordinator to make sure each group is cohesive.
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Work well in a team environment
- Must pass a background check
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Excellent communication and guest service skills
- Ability to Ski at expert level.
- Previous experience in coaching or working with kids
- PSIA, USASA, USSA Certification and or competitive background
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Previous competitive background
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127389
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago