Work for Vail Resorts
Decision Support Manager
Broomfield, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Marketing Analytics team is a group responsible for measuring guest visitation behaviors and marketing effectiveness across the organization. Guest analytics encompasses evaluation of historical visitation trends by guest segment and development of insights and models to help inform marketing decisions at a guest segment level. Marketing effectiveness analytics involves assessing the impact of marketing spend and developing insights to help inform marketing decisions at a program and channel level.
The Decision Support Manager position will be responsible for the measurement and quantitative understanding of all marketing efforts at the resorts with a focus on Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Park City. This is a highly visible consulting role and relationship building will be a key component to your success in becoming an integral part of the marketing teams. The ability to share insights and actionable recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner is a key attribute of a successful Decision Support Manager. Strong presentation skills and an aptitude for condensing large amounts of data into a meaningful and easily consumable story are also important. Balancing a service-driven approach to support with an honest and independent assessment of marketing effectiveness will be an ongoing challenge of the role.
- [Consulting/Relationships] Partner with marketing leaders to provide analytic input to decisions and evaluation of marketing effectiveness. Develop these relationships to ensure an analytic approach is taken in building strategy, revenue plans and marketing calendars.
- [Analysis/Interpretation] Serve as a local point of contact and support for resort teams for analysis of marketing offers and programs. Provide strategic insights and manage day-to-day on-site marketing program analysis support. Analyze standard reports and conduct in-depth analysis to formulate insights into marketing performance, the customer behaviors driving performance and the marketing programs impacting those customer behaviors.
- [Presentation] Communicate conclusions, implications and recommendations of analyses in a clear, concise fashion to support more effective marketing decisions.
- [Liaising] You are the point of contact for any analytic questions coming out of the resorts and will serve as a liaison between the central teams and your resorts to answer those questions.
- [Test Strategy/Interpretation] Identify opportunities for testing in direct marketing and construct test strategies. Evaluate test results and give actionable recommendations for change.
- [Prioritization] Allocate resources and prioritize projects to balance the support of broad initiatives, recurrent reporting and proactive analysis with the direct requests of your marketing team. Evaluate the potential impact of analysis and effectively manage timeline expectations.
- [Innovation/Consistency] Recognize similarities in marketing issues and utilize standard approaches for addressing common questions, ensuring consistent approaches are utilized company-wide. Proactively develop new analytic approaches and tools to support marketing tactics at the resort level, partnering with the central teams to ensure tactics can be replicated efficiently.
- [Knowledge Base] Maintain accessible knowledge base and archive of past analyses in order to facilitate cross-property learning. Stay abreast of available analytic marketing capabilities making sure your approach is in line with enterprise standards.
- Very strong quantitative and analytic skills with demonstrated success in analytic roles – minimum 7 years previous experience in marketing analytics, direct marketing, financial analysis, consulting or other similar field.
- Proven experience in driving actionable recommendation and decisions based upon data driven insights.
- Consulting experience is beneficial, willing to work to develop relationships across the organization. Experience with marketing strategy, direct marketing or CRM preferred.
- Previous experience with customer segmentation, test/control setup and analysis and marketing effectiveness.
- Highly proficient/advanced skills within MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Highly proficient/advanced skills with data visualization software, Tableau preferred
- Demonstrated success working with very large data sets, developing tools for streamlined analysis and creating reports that succinctly summarize complex concepts
- Strong organizational and project management skills are essential. Must be able handle multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate across multiple functions within an organization.
- Hospitality travel or ski industry experience helpful but not required; broad marketing experience in a company driven by analytics
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication, adjusting message to audience. Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- High level of comfort with technology
- Relational database skills/understanding critical
- Advanced experience with analytic tools/software such as SAS, SPSS, MS Access, MS Excel, Cognos, Tableau
- Knowledge of brand personalities/brand & division locations
- Minimal travel to resort locations and also to partner/vendor locations
- Bachelors degree in related field (Business, Technology, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or Mathematics) required, MBA preferred.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126539
about 1 month ago