Work for Vail Resorts
Day Care Lead Teacher & Ski Coach - Full Time & Part Time - Heavenly
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Day Care Lead Teacher/ Ski Coach is responsible for the operation and management of the day care facility in the classroom capacity and assists in daily operations. The Lead Teacher helps coordinate, plan, organize, direct and supervise the activities involved in managing a CA state licensed day care center, including health and safety regulations. Responsibilities include regulating and maintaining legal staff/child ratios for each age specific group. Supervision of children ages 6 weeks to 6 years old. Ski coaching may apply for children ages 3-5 years.
- Attach: Cover letter, resume, letter of recommendation and a nice list of references
- High School Graduate of 18 years or older
- Proficient in English and have the ability to read and write all job related material correspondence, & communicate effectively/ professionally w/common sense to all contacts
- Provide supervision and implementation of activities for children ages infant through school age.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must have current CPR Certification or the ability to obtain upon hire.
- Supervisory /teaching experience in a licensed child care facility. Provide supervision and implementation of activities for children ages infant through school age
- Enrollment or completion of 12-16 core ECE (early childhood education) units, including supervisory/administration units; or AA or BA degree in ECE / child development with (3) semester units in administration or hold A Children’s Center Supervisory Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Preparation/Licensing
- Must truly enjoy working with young children, parents and staff. Provide curriculum, materials and activities for children in the program, ie. Knowledge of circle time activities
- Provide exemplary leadership and supervisory skills to all staff
- Assist in staff development and training, and evaluation for 15-25 staff members
- Assist in overseeing all aspects of registration, reservation and enrollment to the program, including an employee program/children's files
- Comply with all CA state licensing and local regulations for health and safety including all Vail Resorts Policies & Procedures including a criminal background check, a child abuse index check with Department of Justice/FBI clearance per California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 12, for Day Care Centers personnel. Responsible for regulating and maintaining legal staff/child ratios for each age specific group
- Experience working in a center based licensed child care facility
- Provide curriculum, materials and activities for children in the program;
- Knowledge of circle time activities
- Sports coaching experience, PSIA certification are preferred
- College enrollment or student in the field of ECE with ECE units (ECE = Early Childhood Education) applicants are preferred
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126017
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago