Work for Vail Resorts
Database Marketing Analyst
Broomfield, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Compile campaign lists, drive segmentation methodology, develop campaign list automation, perform ad hoc analysis & manage the VR customer database for all corporate marketing and resorts’ email, direct, & outbound marketing initiatives.
- Support database marketing and multichannel campaign management efforts (email, DM, mobile) for the season pass, mountain, hospitality and digital brands of Vail Resorts to include campaign list generation, automation, and ad hoc analysis.
- Serve as a key partner and resource for brand, division, resort, and corporate marketing teams for campaign fulfillment and optimization.
- Understand complex CRM systems/data and effectively translate this knowledge into solutions that automate processes and increase our ability to dynamically personalize customer and prospect communications.
- Identify opportunities and/or data elements to enhance the Vail Resorts enterprise data warehouse and work closely with the IT and analytics groups on integration and integrity.
- Establish CRM program benchmarks, summarize performance and recommend/implement actions to improve key metrics for all CRM programs.
- Work very closely with the email marketing team on campaign strategy, optimization and test/control best practices.
- Develop database marketing campaign segmentation schemes based on customer type, transactional history, behavior and demographics that align with the overall CRM customer life cycle strategies.
- Perform ad hoc campaign analysis and database querying as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years experience in database management, campaign management, direct and/or email marketing.
- Strong experience working with marketing databases/campaign management tools.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is required. Working knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL is necessary, proficiency is preferred. Experience with SAS CI Studio and/or Alteryx preferred.
- Strong understanding of B2C Direct Marketing strategy & tactics, preferably in e-mail marketing for a travel, hospitality or ski company.
- Strong experience using Campaign Management software to compile customer lists.
- Experience utilizing pre-built models for customer profiling, segmentation, and valuation.
- Experience working with email marketing tools – Exact Target experience a plus.
- Track record of partnering with other marketers to build data-driven multi-channel campaigns resulting in solid business results is necessary.
- Holds a philosophy that all campaigns carry an ability to learn; constantly thinks of testing to become better.
- Has demonstrated experience contributing on email and direct mail campaigns, including campaign automation.
- Experience working at both a corporate and retail/resort location preferred.
- Ability to interact with management.
- Ability to articulate and champion email marketing best practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Has led campaigns that cover multiple time periods and multiple locations.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Understands customer profitability and managing customer incentives to increase profit margins.
- Understands the principles of relational database and data hygiene.
- Strong grasp of marketing fundamentals and aptitude to teach others.
- Understanding of how to integrate marketing into an operations environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in an analytics/data-driven role(s), collaborating with analytics, brand, traditional marketing, on-line marketing, digital and interactive marketing teams to drive marketing effectiveness across an enterprise.
- Management of cross-functional relationships, especially with IT.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related degree.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125693
2 months ago