Work for Vail Resorts
Cooks - All Levels - Hospitality F&B
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Park City Hospitality is currently looking for several cooks who will provide first class service to our guests in an upbeat, fast-paced restaurant environment. Our formal training and staging program provides the opportunity for professional advancement from various career stages. We will train folks with the right attitude and a passion for being here, with us, at our amazing resort.
We hire cooks into three different classification levels, based on skill set and previous experience. These classifications are Entry, Intermediate and Advanced. Requirements and responsibilities will vary based on which classification you are hired into.
- Work off of a prep-list to ensure proper food preparation.
- Line/short order prep and plating.
- Maintain proper food handling and sanitation through the shift.
- Ensure proper facility shut-down including: stocking, sanitizing, equipment cleaning and shut down and proper food storage.
All Classification Requirements, including Entry:
- Ability to speak, read and communicate English.
- Ability to maintain a positive work ethic.
- Ability to work as a productive part of a team.
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for up to 6-8 hours at a time.
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to ski/snowboard at an intermediate level (required at some locations).
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Has a high school diploma or GED.
- Has or is able to obtain a California Food Handlers Card within 30 days of employment.
- Previous cooking experience-preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of sanitation-preferred but not required.
- Able to communicate in Spanish-preferred but not required.
Intermediate Cook Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years previous cooking experience
- All Requirements list above
Advanced Cook Responsibilities:
- All Requirements listed above
- Minimum 4 years previous cooking experience
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to assist with food orders
- Intermediate-level computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123487 ELJ
6 months ago