Work for Vail Resorts
Cook - Intermediate - Mountain Dining
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Intermediate Cook is responsible for performing a variety of skilled tasks in food preparation, cooking and presentation, and additionally oversee food preparation and service for a meal shift and/or banquets within a large restaurant operation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide superior service to our customers at all times, while additionally following the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all necessary food, supplies and equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of various hot foods, such as cooking basic sauces, soups and vegetable dishes; butchering meats, poultry and fish.
- Perform a variety of more complex cooking tasks, such as sautéing.
- Assist with the proper plating of dinners.
- Assist with the preparation of various breakfast and/or luncheon entrees and side dishes.
- Oversee a variety of other basic food preparation tasks, such as the cleaning and cutting of fruits and vegetables, preparing of individual portions of side dishes and desserts, slicing of meats and cheese, and the like.
- Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for serving.
- Ensure that established health and safety procedures are followed.
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture and appearance.
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time efficiency.
- Assist with various inventory control and ordering tasks.
- Assist in menu planning for assigned meals/functions.
Physical requirements for this position include:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry heavy objects.
Additional qualifications include:
- High School graduation or equivalent, training in a culinary arts school plus two years of professional cooking experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Broad base of knowledge and skills in quantity food handling, preparation and cooking.
- Strong understanding of restaurant kitchen operations.
- Previous supervisory experience desirable.
- Knowledge of inventory control, ordering, menu planning, and quality control methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid Food Handler’s Permit.
This position includes a ski pass, competitive wage, and fun work environment.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127903
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago