Work for Vail Resorts
Cook, Children's Ski and Snowboard Center 3-6 Programs
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Vail Children’s Ski and Snowboard Center 3-6 programs: Cook - Winter Seasonal, Full Time Vail Mountain
The Vail Children's Center is looking for a patient individual that loves working with children and cooking to join our winter team!
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Oversees all functions of the Children's Center kitchen, including preparation of lunches and snacks for the 3-6 ski school programs and for the Small World Nursery in accordance with Colorado health requirements for a food service establishment.
- Orders food and supplies, keeping the kitchen adequately stocked.
- Food orders placed via computer program.
- Works with 3-6 inside operations supervisor and Small World Nursery product manager to establish age-appropriate menus, time schedules, procedures and policies in the kitchen.
- Responsible for keeping the laundry rooms clean and orderly.
- Occasionally helps prepare barbecues and meals for the 7-Teen program and for special groups.
- Indirectly supervises rotating children's counselors who may be assigned to help set-up and prep food.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Two years restaurant/kitchen experience - required.
- School lunch program experience helpful.
- Proper food handling procedures; knowledge - basic food preparation - required.
- English fluency - required.
- Basic computer knowledge/skills - required.
- Previous experience working with parents and children - preferred.
- Previous experience working in a guest service position - preferred.
- Ability to pay attention to details - preferred.
- Ability to multi task - preferred.
- Spanish extremely helpful - preferred.
- Nutrition background - preferred.
- Schedule: Five day a week approximately 7 hours per day.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125072
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago