Work for Vail Resorts
*Cook - All Experience Levels - FT & PT
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
We are currently seeking Cooks of All Experience Levels to work at our on-mountain and base area locations for the winter season!
The Entry Cook is responsible for basic food preparation tasks, such as cutting up meat and fish, cleaning, peeling, slicing, chopping, measuring and mixing ingredients, etc. May use basic cooking skills to work on a line or in a cooking station, such as the broiler, fryer, oven, grill, or sauté station and be responsible for set up of assigned station. May be responsible for loading and unloading food product to remote meal sites for preparation.
The Intermediate Cook functions as experienced cook, responsible for performing the full cooking process using established recipes. This includes preparing and measuring ingredients; grilling, broiling, baking, frying, and sautéing; testing for doneness and taste; adjusting seasoning and temperature for best results; and attractive food presentation. In casual facilities, fully responsible for all aspects of a cooking station. Ensures cooking station or area is sanitary and fully functional.
The Advanced Cook Functions as very experienced cook, responsible for performing the full range of the most difficult cooking tasks. In addition to cooking complex menu items, prepares sauces and glazes to enhance flavors. Improvises on established recipes based on availability of ingredients. Suggests, develops, and tests new recipes and menu items. May assist with ordering and inventory management. Oversees food preparation and provides training and guidance to more junior staff.
- Individuals who are passionate about guest service and the hospitality/ski industry
- English Proficiency
- Able to work the entire season (November - April)
- Some experience in food and beverage or guest service
- Flexibility is a must, and typically most hours will be on weekends and holidays.
We have on-mountain and base area positions available. Employees assigned to an on-mountain location must be able to Ski/Ride at an Intermediate Level and pass a Ski/Ride test upon hire. Positions are available in the following locations:
- Stagecoach Lodge (Base Lodge in Nevada)
- Boulder Lodge (Base Lodge in Nevada)
- East Peak Lodge (On-Mountain Lodge in Nevada/Intermediate ski/ride level required)
- Tamarack Lodge (On Mountain Lodge in California/No ski/ride test required)
- Café Blue (On Mountain Location in California/No ski/ride test required)
- Heavenly Donuts (Base Area Location in California/No ski/ride test required)
- Steins (On Mountain Lodge in California/Intermediate ski/ride level required)
- Sky Deck (On Mountain Lodge in California/Intermediate ski/ride level required)
- Lakeview Lodge (On Mountain Lodge in California/No ski/ride test required)
- California Main Lodge (Base Lodge in California)
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127916 ELJ
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago