Work for Vail Resorts
Cook - Advanced - Mt. Brighton, MI
Brighton, MI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Cook – Advanced Level
Mt. Brighton is looking for enthusiastic, positive and high energy individuals to join our team! We are a crew with a strong dedication to guest service who provide quality food in full-service dining, cafeteria style, and at weddings or for banquet services. Our cooks will ensure their food quality will provide guests with a pleasant dining experience on a daily basis.
AS AN ADVANCED COOK YOU WILL:
- Supervise and assist Entry-Level Cooks in the performance of all kitchen duties
- Work closely with the Sous Chef to ensure all kitchen operations are performed to provide the best possible guest experience.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Supervise and assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all necessary food, supplies and equipment.
- Supervise and assist with the preparation of various hot foods, such as cooking basic sauces, soups and vegetable dishes; butchering meats, poultry and fish.
- Supervise and perform a variety of more complex cooking tasks, such as sautéing.
- Supervise and assist with the proper plating of dinners.
- Supervise and assist with the preparation of various breakfast and/or luncheon entrees and side dishes.
- Oversee a variety of other basic food preparation tasks, such as the cleaning and cutting of fruits and vegetables, preparing of individual portions of side dishes and desserts, slicing of meats and cheese, and the like.
- Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for serving.
- Ensure that established health and safety procedures are followed.
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture and appearance.
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time efficiency.
- Train and plan, assign, check, and evaluate work of 3-to-6 line and prep cooks and other kitchen staff.
- Supervise and assist with various inventory control and ordering tasks.
- Assist in menu planning for assigned meals/functions.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workspace at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School graduation or equivalent - Required
- Must be at least 18 years of age - Required
- Training in a culinary arts school plus two years of professional cooking experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Broad base of knowledge and skills in quantity food handling, preparation and cooking.
- Strong understanding of restaurant kitchen operations.
- Previous supervisory experience desirable.
- Knowledge of inventory control, ordering, menu planning, and quality control methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Reports to person in charge
- Works closely with Entry Cooks, Servers, Bartender, Dishwashers, etc
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry heavy objects.
Work with a team that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126072
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago