Work for Vail Resorts
Cook - Advanced - Mountain Dining
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Advanced Cook supervises food preparation and production for breakfast and/or lunch and dinner shifts, and to perform a variety of kitchen management functions, including ordering, inventory control, and assistance in menu planning. In a small restaurant operation, to serve as chef, supervising all food preparation and production and performing all kitchen management functions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Supervise and assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all necessary food, supplies and equipment.
- Supervise and assist with the preparation of a wide variety of basic menu items: cook soups, sauces and vegetable dishes; butcher and cook meats, poultry and fish; prepare various salads and desserts; and the like. Perform a variety of complex cooking tasks.
- Supervise and assist with the proper plating of all meals.
- Oversee a variety of other basic food preparation tasks, such as the cleaning and cutting of fruits and vegetables, preparing of individual portions of side dishes and desserts, slicing of meats and cheese.
- Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for serving.
- Ensure that established health and safety procedures are followed.
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture and appearance.
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time efficiency.
- Supervise and assist with inventory control and ordering, including production cost records, taking of inventory, assistance in planning inventory/production needs, placing of orders, monitoring / supervising delivery of orders.
- Exercise full supervisory authority over three to six line and prep cooks and other kitchen staff.
- Plan, assign work schedules of staff hired for special functions. Assist in general kitchen staff planning.
- Perform various supervisory/personnel management functions, such as payroll processing, in supervisor's absence.
- Substitute for chef when absent.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical requirements for this position include:
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Heavy lifting, bending and squatting.
Additional qualifications include:
- High School education or equivalent; training in a culinary arts school, plus minimum 3 years of professional cooking experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Broad base of professional cooking knowledge and skills, including restaurant kitchen operations.
- Good administrative, math and supervisory skills. Some previous supervisory inventory control, ordering, and menu planning experience.
This position includes a ski pass, competitive wage, and fun work environment.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127904
Tourism - Travel
7 months ago