Work for Vail Resorts
Controller - Snowmaking Department
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Essential job functions:
The Controller works in Control building 1, operating pumps and compressors, providing sufficient air and water pressure for production of snow. The controller monitors central and remote computer activities, recognizing potential problem, correcting accordingly, or identifying and logging system problems and reporting to supervisor.
Your day will consist of 12 hour shifts working in the Control building and operating these systems. You must be good at multi tasking while operating multiple systems and computers. This job requires acute attention to detail. Although you are working as part of a team, the majority of your time will be spent unsupervised. The best candidate will be able to make decisions when problems arise and not to be afraid to ask questions.
This position can be trained but requires someone competent in computers and willing to learn.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be fluent in English
- High school diploma or equivalent- Required
- Valid US drivers License-Required
- Satisfactory driving record-Highly preferred
- Ability to multitask while using multiple computers-Required
- Ability to operate computers at an intermediate level or better-Required
- Ability to work independently-Required
- Ability to lift, drag and/or pull over 75lbs on a regular basis-Required
- Ability to work and sit inside for up to 12 hours at a time-Required
- Ability to work weekends, holiday and overnight shifts-Required
- Must be a team player
- Basic understanding of mechanical equipment and systems- Preferred
- Previous mountain ops experience-Preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126741
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago