Work for Vail Resorts
Conference Services Assistant - Keystone Conference Center
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This position will serve as a receptionist, which includes answering phone calls, requesting services from Resort Operations as necessary, making and filing group folios, revising reports, stocking supplies, and assisting guests. This position also entails communicating with groups and in-house contacts to create multiple events involving food and beverage, activities and dining, and various equipment needs. This position is responsible for collecting deposit payments for weddings, activities or office supplies and posting these payments within the company computer system as well as researching reservation information and making changes when necessary.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide front office support/ superior guest service assistance as directed by Office Manager.
- Request services from various departments including Reservations, Restaurants, Activities, Banquets, Audio Visual, and Set-Ups, to fulfill and exceed guest’s expectations.
- Create, distribute and maintain daily, change sheet, weekly, and guest event reports through Crystal Reports, within departmental distribution timelines.
- Retrieve and respond to voicemail and email frequently as well as the Manager’s when out of office or as directed.
- Maintain close partnership with assigned Conference/ Catering manager in understanding details of event planning processes to provide exemplary guest service to the meeting planner and/or group leader, both prior to arrival and once on-site.
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with assigned Intra Resort Departments to plan In-House meetings. Provide quarterly In-House evaluations.
- Make new group files, auto traces, deposits and send evaluations and thank you letters for assigned managers.
- Become familiar with resort activities and dining to book services for groups in tandem with manager.
- Create and distribute group resumes and banquet event orders for Conference/ Catering manager as well as assigned In-House accounts.
- Learn to be proficient in Delphi to create event orders and maintain departmental event order standards and distribution timelines.
- Cross-check Daily & Weekly events with activity and dining numbers to ensure all dates, times, and locations are booked correctly and no cancellations are still booked in system.
- Check guest information and reservations in LMS to post charges, make comp reservations, and provide pick-up reports.
- Assist the Meeting Services Concierge when needed.
- Provide administrative support through Delphi Set Up tool to manage menu and activity price or content changes.
- Previous guest service and administrative experience.
- Previous resort experience a plus.
- Delphi knowledge a plus.
- Ability to pay attention to detail a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude, exceptional guest service presence.
- Courteous and professional telephone and guest service skills.
- Good listening abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Good proof reading and follow up skills.
- Decision making abilities.
- Be proactive in exceeding expectations.
- Show ambition in moving toward goals.
- Flexible Schedule
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127475
4 months ago