Work for Vail Resorts
Competition Services Lead - Seasonal - Wilmot, WI
Wilmot, WI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Share your passion! The Competition Services Lead will have deep enthusiasm for the sport, allowing him/her to provide exceptional training and racing experience to our participants. The Competition Services Lead is responsible for a wide range of tasks associated with the daily operations of race venues and events at the resort. This includes but is not limited to pre-event coordination and event set-up/tear down for a wide variety of race's and events. The Lead works closely with the department Coordinator and Manager to ensure safe, timely, and well executed events.With a constant eye towards safety and a teaching-strategy centered around fun, our coaches will build lasting relationships with our guests. From beginner to advanced, our team works to ensure participants get the most out of their seasons with us.
• Event Set-Up from pre-event planning through event construction and post event evaluation
• Coordination with Internal and External Contacts
• Course Setting, Safety Equipment Set-Up, Timing Set-Up
• Assist with other department activities as requested
• Coordinate staffing and scheduling with volunteer coordinator and manager
• Maintain on-hill equipment in a professional manner with an emphasis on safety and guest service
• Provide feedback to manager regarding performance
• Resolve guest relation and/or product issues in an expedient manner.
• Supervise and train all Scanners in exceptional guest safety and service.
• Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to safety policies and conducting regular safety meetings with staff
• Hire, schedule, coach, discipline and separate employees with the help of the Product Sales/Scanning Manager while keeping labor costs within budget
• Consistently follow the guidelines and steps of the services cycle as outlined in the brand standards
• Ensure that direct reports adhere to uniform standards and are both professional and productive through their shift
• Communicate and handle personnel issues and concerns with professionalism and confidentiality
• Perform various administrative duties such as conducting inventory, nightly reports and paperwork.
• Perform other duties as required
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Previous extensive racing and/or coaching experience
• Must be able to complete required training upon hire
• Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting
• Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Must have Customer Service Skills
• Must have Communication Skills
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago