Work for Vail Resorts
Children's Group Lesson & Training Supervisor - Beaver Creek Ski & Snowboard School -Winter Sea
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Children’s Group Lesson and Training Supervisor is responsible for the overall quality of the guest and employee experience at the Beaver Creek Children's Ski & Snowboard School. In addition, he/she is accountable to the financial success of the location and contributes to the financial success of the department. This is accomplished by focusing on the guest, the community, the employee, the company, personal development, and job‐specific responsibilities. The Group Lesson and Training Supervisor is also responsible for developing innovative ideas to re‐imagine training, developing instructor skills, spreading a passion for skiing/snowboarding and driving a training culture within the ski school.
- Guest experience- ensuring the highest level of quality in regards to group lessons and overall ski/snowboard school experience. Matching guests needs to instructor qualities, greeting/informing guests, soliciting feedback, guest recovery, and accommodating special requests when appropriate.
- Work directly with the children's ski school team, product sales and resort management team to provide tools, training, and tactics to ensure the quality of products and services for our guests. Provide feedback, growth and leadership opportunities, and appropriate training to develop the staff. Meet and greet guest daily and role model exceptional guest service. Resolve guest concerns.
- Use feedback from school and resort Net Promoter Scores, Guest Satisfaction Survey results and Employee Engagement Survey results to drive program initiatives.
- Work with the other leaders, General Managers, and Director to support and achieve quality, financial, and safety targets, as well as overall Ski & Snowboard School, Resort, and Company goals and initiatives.
- Help create and implement the training plan and monitor the quality of training for all the functions of the children’s school. Work with 3-6, 7-14, and training team to evolve and improve training for support staff, instructors and management.
- Role model, lead and support School, Resort, and Company safety programs. Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations. Responsible for following up on and tracking worker's compensation incidents and claims.
- Know and model the School teaching system and guest service guidelines and be prepared to lead clinics and teach the public if necessary. Actively seek information about industry trends, competitions, and events, and remain involved with professional organizations (PSIA/AASI).
- Instructor Performance Management including on-going communication and season reviews for staff and coaching/disciplinary actions when deemed necessary.
- Maintain continuous interaction with Product Sales team to manage staffing numbers ensuring exceptional guest experiences while maximizing revenue.
- Maintain a global view for managing and improving the product. Work closely with peers, stakeholders and school leadership team to make operational adjustments and contribute to innovations for the entire School.
Possible Product Manager position for the properly qualified candidate.
- Three or more years as a full time instructor with a recognized ski and snowboard school ‐ required
- Current professional instructor certification; PSIA/AASI Level 3 minimum ‐ required
- PSIA/AASI RMT ‐ preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office ‐ required
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and leadership/leadership development skills ‐ required
- Two or more seasons supervisory experience ‐ preferred
- Background in using RPOS or equivalent POS system ‐ preferred
- Experience working at the supervisor level within an adult or children's ski & snowboard school ‐ preferred
- Public speaking experience ‐ preferred
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you.www.vailresortscareers.com
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126277
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago