Work for Vail Resorts
Children's Center Lunch Monitor
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
- Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Collection of class lesson paperwork and responsible for assigning and tracking lunch locations - during group assessment.
- Positive, informative and courteous with employees while making lunch reservations, checking instructors into lunch locations, and turning tables.
- Positive , informative and courteous with guests: when parents checking in on children.
- Comfortable in dealing with sick and sad children who may need to get down to the base location or rest while instructor takes a couple of runs with his or her group.
- Help serve snacks and lunch to children at our on mountain lunch locations - working in cooperation with mountain dining and the instructor staff.
- Responsible for working with F&B groups in calling in daily lunch counts and making reservations
- Responsible for working with PSS staff and SSS supervisors to forecast and generate instructor lunch vouchers and hot cocoa cards.
- Responsible for organizing class lists by level and delivering them to the appropriate inside staff personnel.
- Help serve lunch - (together with mountain dining and instructors) to expedite the lunch process.
- Must have experience working with children
- Help valet skis in morning and help with search in the afternoon.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Telephone communication skills and courtesy - required.
- Proper technique regarding the lifting and handling of children - required.
- Basic skiing and snowboard terminology - required.
- Must be able to speak and read English fluently - required.
- Previous experience working with children (and parents) in some capacity - preferred.
- Previous experience working in a guest service position - preferred.
- Ability to pay attention to details - preferred.
- Ability to multi task - preferred.
- College level early childhood development courses - preferred.
- Elementary education courses - preferred.
- Spanish extremely helpful - preferred.
- Able to work outside in cold weather - preferred.
Schedule: 5 Days a week approximately 8 hours per day.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127048
Tourism - Travel
20 days ago