Work for Vail Resorts
Children's Center Attendant - Full Time & Part Time - Heavenly
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: Do you want to spend your day having fun and interacting with kids? This job is an integral part of the Children's Ski and Ride School experience. You will be helping organize kids, getting them out on the snow, keeping them fueled up during breaks and lunch and making their experience memorable during all the moments when they are not skiing or riding. This is a great way to work towards instructing if your skiing/riding skills aren’t quite there; we’ll give you lots of opportunities to get better, find out what it’s really like to teach kids and get ready for an instructor job next season.
- Keeping yourself and your guests SAFE at all times and in all situations.
- Providing great guest service at all times, sharing your passion for working with kids.
- Providing a great experience for guests and kids.
- Accurately assisting guests and staff with procedures and processes while organizing children.
- Ensuring that guests are equipped appropriately (fitting and adjusting equipment) and working with coaches/supervisors and managers to make changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the lifts.
- Communicating with teammates and helping guests during lessons and indoors (children's centers); lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children indoors and outdoors; assisting at lunch and snack times.
- Facilitating the return of children to identified guardian(s).
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride School programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- High School or Equivalent Education.
- Ability to attend all required training sessions.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written).
- Must have excellent guest service skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must work well in a team.
- Must successfully complete a Criminal Background Check.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions.
- Must be willing to assist children.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends.
- Experience working in a guest service industry with guests of all ages.
- Knowledge of local area/resort.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Ability to ski and/or ride
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126455
Tourism - Travel
18 days ago