Work for Vail Resorts
Chief Engineer, The Lodge at Vail
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
- Provide excellent internal and external guest services, react to guest comments, identify problems, analyze root causes and eliminate guest defects to insure complete guest engagement and satisfaction
- Direct the activities, staff training in customer service, empowerment, standard operating procedures, loss prevention and manage the performance of the engineering team.
- Maintain the overall operation of the maintenance department, including the appearance and working order of the hotel. This includes, the guest rooms, public area, kitchen, laundry, exterior of the building, parking lots, common areas and maintaining safety records.
- Provide leadership, overall administration, and general direction to the reporting managers to ensure their requests are properly coordinated.
- Inspect and review hotel projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations.
- Prepare annually and control monthly R&M and Capital Expense Budgets within the budgeted or forecasted parameters.
- Proactively inspect mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems at the property to ensure proper level of maintenance is performed.
- Review designs and equipment specifications for all capital expenditure projects involving engineering technical services and other building systems as well as kitchen and laundry faculties.
- Assist in hotel openings, supporting the engineering personnel, owners, contractors and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures and construction problems.
- Report to the Area Director of Engineering
- Technical school or equivalent related experience. - required
- Min.10 years experience, 5 yrs technical - required
- Min. 5 years experience in a leadership role - required
- Refrigeration license, boiler operating license preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Project, HotSoS, and Peoplesoft preferred
- Ability to Read, Write, & Speak English. Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of central plant operations, building maintenance / renovations, & interior and exterior of building structure. - required
- Bilingual, SMS, HotSoS, and Peoplesoft. Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and capital expense projects. - preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127809
16 days ago