Work for Vail Resorts
Chef de Cuisine - 11-month - Black Bear Grill
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Chef de Cuisine / Kitchen Manager for the Black Bear Grill located at the Inn at Keystone is responsible for supervising and providing direction to kitchen staff for the daily operations. Other job duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for hiring/staffing, scheduling and performance management and evaluations
- Provides training and guidance to culinary staff to ensure quality and timely food production
- Ability to work all stations in kitchen.
- Assist culinary team in achieving labor and food production goals
- Help assure safe and clean work condition for all personnel.
- Follows directions/specifications of the outlet general manager and executive chef.
- Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with service staff.
- Maintains all par levels for the kitchen
- Orders and receives food and dry goods for the kitchen and properly account for such deliveries.
- Will prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls using proper culinary techniques.
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
- Have ability to manage the outlet during the chef's absence, supervise all stations and operate to standards.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Food and Beverage Department and Vail Resorts.
- Practices good personal hygiene, safe food handling and culinary skills
- Must adhere to Cutting Edge Safety Training and ServSafe Training
- Must purchase and wear Certified Slip Resistant Shoes
- Minimum 3 years of quality cook experience
- Broad knowledge of all culinary styles and cooking techniques
- Possesses strong abilities in all applicable cooking techniques and practices
- Has own culinary tools or ability to purchase if required by outlet
- Culinary degree/certification - Preferred
- Supervisory experience - preferred
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and stand for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Positive work ethic
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126360
5 months ago