Work for Vail Resorts
Certified Ski / Snowboard Instructor - Full Time and Part Time
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Heavenly is hiring certified ski and snowboard instructors for the 2016-2017 season. Candidates must be CERTIFIED instructors with PSIA/AASI (or other international organizations).
Job Summary: The certified instructor will provide safe, fun, engaging and effective ski or snowboard instruction, to children and adults, while following the company guidelines.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Must be willing and able to teach both children and adults.
- Uphold the highest levels of personal and guest safety on varied terrain at high altitude with varying winter weather conditions.
- Must be able to physically, clearly and accurately demonstrate assigned levels of Alpine Skiing/Snowboarding.
- Effectively communicate instructions to guests during a lesson in a fun and engaging manner.
- Be able to discuss the lesson content and evaluate the progress of the lesson with the guest.
- Ensure that guests are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill levels and work with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Coach guests to load and unload the chairlift and physically assist children with the process.
- Have high levels of guest service skills and experience.
- Be willing to teach a family lesson.
- Understand and abide by the rules and procedures set forth in the Heavenly Ski and Snowboard School Resource and Guidelines Manual.
- Possess high levels of creativity.
- Attend and be responsible for morning meeting information.
- Assist guests with transportation of equipment.
- Supervise children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assist in the operational responsibilities of the Ski & Snowboard School programs including but not limited to the registration process, direct guests to the appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Assist with boot/equipment fitting, sales lobby greeting and other tasks assigned by Manager/Supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- REQUIRED: Current Professional Ski Instructors of America / American Association of Snowboard Instructors Level 1, 2 or 3 certification or other international certification.
- REQUIRED: Resume.
- REQUIRED: Copy of current certification card and certificate of achievement.
- 18 years of age or older – required.
- High School or Equivalent Education – required.
- Must successfully complete the Background Check – required.
- Attend and successfully complete the Ski and Snowboard School training sessions – required.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends – required.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children and/or adults.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written) – required.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is helpful.
- Must have excellent guest service and communication skills.
- Must work well in a team.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation.
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 121453
Tourism - Travel
17 days ago