Work for Vail Resorts
Certified Ski or Snowboard Instructor - Winter 2016 / 2017 - Kirkwood, CA
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Kirkwood is hiring certified ski and snowboard instructors for the 2016-2017 season. Candidates must be CERTIFIED instructors with PSIA/AASI (or other international organizations).Challenge yourself: take your skill set to new heights by joining the team at the Kirkwood Ski and Ride School! Here, you will coach individuals and groups to expand on their current ability level in perfectly-pitched learning areas and, later, onto some of the most challenging terrain Tahoe has to offer!
Job Summary: Share your passion! The Certified Instructor will have deep enthusiasm for the sport, allowing him/her to provide quality ski instruction to groups and individuals, adults and children. With a constant eye towards safety and a teaching-strategy centered around fun, our instructors will build lasting relationships with our guests. From beginner to advanced, our team works to ensure students get the most out of their day, their week or their seasons with us.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Must be willing and able to teach both children and adults.
- Uphold the highest levels of personal and guest safety on varied terrain at high altitude with varying winter weather conditions.
- Must be able to physically, clearly and accurately demonstrate assigned levels of Alpine Skiing/Snowboarding.
- Effectively communicate instructions to guests during a lesson in a fun and engaging manner.
- Be able to discuss the lesson content and evaluate the progress of the lesson with the guest.
- Ensure that guests are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill levels and work with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Coach guests to load and unload the chairlift and physically assist children with the process.
- Have high levels of guest service skills and experience.
- Be willing to teach a family lesson.
- Understand and abide by the rules and procedures set forth in the Kirkwood Ski and Snowboard School Resource and Guidelines Manual.
- Possess high levels of creativity.
- Attend and be responsible for morning meeting information.
- Assist guests with transportation of equipment.
- Supervise children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assist in the operational responsibilities of the Ski & Snowboard School programs including but not limited to the registration process, direct guests to the appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Assist with boot/equipment fitting, sales lobby greeting and other tasks assigned by Manager/Supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- REQUIRED: Current Professional Ski Instructors of America / American Association of Snowboard Instructors Level 1, 2 or 3 certification or other international certification.
- REQUIRED: Resume.
- REQUIRED: Copy of current certification card and certificate of achievement.
- 18 years of age or older – required.
- High School or Equivalent Education – required.
- Must successfully complete the Background Check – required.
- Attend and successfully complete the Ski and Snowboard School training sessions – required.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends – required.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children and/or adults.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written) – required.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is helpful.
- Must have excellent guest service and communication skills.
- Must work well in a team.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation.
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 121706
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago