Work for Vail Resorts
Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Broomfield, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Marketing Analytics team is responsible for measuring guest behaviors and marketing effectiveness across the organization. Guest analytics encompasses evaluation of historical behavior trends by guest segment and development of insights and models to help inform marketing decisions at a guest segment level. Marketing effectiveness analytics involves assessing the impact of marketing spend and developing insights to help inform marketing decisions at a program and channel level.
The BI Data Analyst will be an integral part in supporting the Marketing Analytics team with well-conceived data solutions in a responsive and cohesive environment. The role will act as a support of Vail’s Marketing Analytics initiatives; providing solution development, analysis, and issue identification. An ideal candidate will have broad understanding of data structures, their effect on reporting, and the importance of documentation and standardization.
- Optimize and support data structures to facilitate efficient data analysis by the Marketing Analytics Team.
- Provide data support to the Marketing Analytics team via sql and other analytical tools.
- Acquire and maintain a deep knowledge of the business and the data structures which support it through daily querying actions with our data ecosystem as well as interfacing with key business users.
- Troubleshoot and research Mart activities in support of performance, accessibility, integrity, security and quality.
- Collaborate with business and IT resources in order to contribute to the maintenance of an enterprise repository of metadata.
- Coordinate with business Subject Matter Experts to gather, analyze and document requirements; and producing quality assets that inform and educate.
- Adhere to all Vail Data Governance policies and procedures in enriching and protecting our data assets.
- Take part in the Business Readiness testing of new development within the Vail data environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business, Technology, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or Mathematics) required
- At least 2 years’ experience with Enterprise Data required.
- Previous exposure to development, documentation and maintenance of business data models
- An ability to adapt development to changing business and user needs without sacrificing quality
- Strong organizational skills are essential. The candidate must be able handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ideal candidate will have a balanced skilled set; able to describe technical and non-technical concepts effectively.
- Hospitality or travel industry experience helpful but not required; broad marketing experience in a company driven by analytics.
- Strength in written and verbal communication. Excellent interpersonal, with the ability to communicate difficult concepts effectively.
- Highly collaborative approach and open communication style
- Experience with analytic tools/software such as SAS, SPSS, MS Access, MS Excel, Cognos
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126513
17 days ago