Work for Vail Resorts
Base Area Parking - Full Time & Part Time - Kirkwood
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Parking Attendant is responsible for providing an entrepreneurial spirit & personality in the operation by bringing organizational skills, leadership and a warm friendly presence. They are also expected to deliver the highest quality of employee / parking attendant experience at our resort while still achieving profitability goals and maintaining service standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure safe and efficient flow of traffic in and out of Kirkwood’s parking lots.
- Greet guests and provide information and directions as requested.
- Set up signs and traffic cones as needed.
- Keep close contact with security in illegal parking cases and/or towing of vehicles.
- Acquire fundamental knowledge of radio and its use including codes.
- Pick up trash in parking lots.
- Direct foot traffic in the parking lots and onto the parking lot shuttles.
- Install, maintain, and recommend additions or deletions of parking, traffic signs on parking lots and private roads.
- Acquire knowledge of Kirkwood and its functions.
- Establish and maintain safety practices in the parking lots.
- Responsible for achieving guest service goals.
- Maintain facilities and equipment to ensure good working condition.
- Maintains all cash, company vehicles and assets in a secure manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work in a winter alpine environment.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Kirkwood is a unique mountain. 58% of our 2,300 acres is advanced/expert terrain. We are ranked in the top 10 snowiest places on earth. Due to the amount of precipitation we receive, being a Parking Attendant at Kirkwood can be more physically demanding than other resorts. We work hard but we also shred hard. Passion is an essential competency for our leaders. It is one of our highest priorities to ensure you are getting the most out of your job and are able to ski or ride every day. Apply today! But first, check out some videos about Kirkwood:
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126880
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago