Work for Vail Resorts
Bartender - The Lodge at Vail - Part Time
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Bartender is responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality beverage/bar experience possible while maintaining a profitable department that is environmentally responsible. He / She is required to follow the brand standards from the beginning of the service cycle through the entire process, and will exhibit strong beverage/wine knowledge, professional and gracious service while enhancing the guest experience through outstanding service skills.
This position is expected to handle all opening and/or closing duties required to properly operate any resort bar, service bar or banquet bar. Some of those duties include; making sure that all stocking is done, the back bar is displayed according to standards, wells are filled with ice and the bar/lounge area is clean and ready for service.
An ideal candidate should be capable of multi-tasking and working at a fast, but thorough pace. He / She should be able to partner well with other bartenders, servers and bar backs to provide a "seamless experience" for guests. This individual is also responsible for various administrative tasks up to and including: maintaining par levels, submitting daily/weekly orders, and conducts daily/weekly inventory. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Current TIPS certification for responsible service of alcohol. -required
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a bartender in an upscale Food & Beverage hotel/resort. -preferred
- Knows common drink recipes and is able to learn and apply all menu recipes within short time. -required
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. -preferred
- Must be able to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to guests and fellow employees. -required
- Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence. -required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal. -required
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. -required
- Experienced in all phases of Beverage operations. -preferred
- Point of Sales experience. –preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125548
6 months ago