Work for Vail Resorts
Barista - Starbucks - FT & PT - Start Now Work Thru Winter
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Starbucks Barista / Cashier will be responsible for providing guests with "legendary customer service" while handling food and beverage purchases, accepting payment and making change. Duties include moving guests through the cash register area in a quick, friendly and efficient manner, accurate handling and counting of large amounts of cash, maintaining constant cleanliness of cashier and dining area, resolving issues and assisting guests with any questions. Responsible for making coffee drinks to Starbucks standard for each and every guest. Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to learn and understand the dining point of sale system
- Must be able to lift and carry 35 lbs
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and able to settle or communicate to management disputes both quickly and diplomatically
- Must be able to provide excellent guest service in a fast-paced, high traffic work environment
- Must be able to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English fluently
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours during a shift
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule between 6:30am - 7:00pm on scheduled days
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays throughout the season
- End of season commitment - Required
- Minimum of 6 months prior cash handling experience
- Previous Starbucks or coffee shop experience preferred
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126367
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago