Work for Vail Resorts
Barista - Marriott
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Barista - Vail Marriott - Year Round - Full Time - Vail, CO
The magnitude of beauty at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort (http://www.vailmarriott.com) is one that defines the elegance of a European Chateau with the back drop of the Rocky Mountains. The Vail Marriott Mountain Resort and Spa is now hiring a Barista.
Responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality food and beverage experience possible by providing exceptional host skills to include; courteous telephone skills, proper handling of reservations, greeting guests, seating guests, monitoring the flow/pace of the dining room, offering support to servers/server attendants and acknowledging departing guests with a kind remark. Also provides customers with prompt, quality coffee selection, purchase, and preparation. Ensures customers and employees will experience a friendly, upbeat and clean atmosphere.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance, adhering to the uniform standards, and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees, managers and guests.
- Provides professional and courteous telephone skills, takes accurate messages, transfers calls properly, takes reservations and In-Room orders accurately.
- Welcomes and connects with every guest to provide excellent customer service.
- Discovers guest needs and appropriately suggest product with every guest to enhance service and meet sales goals.
- Maintains customer service area and equipment in a clean and appealing manner.
- Prepares a variety of guest beverage orders such as espresso drinks and Coffee of the week to Starbucks standards.
- Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the daily duty rosters and cleaning standards and works as a team player.
- Follows cash handling and register policies.
- High school graduate or equivalent. -required
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 8 hours. -required
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. -required
- Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment. -preferred
- Must be fluent in English. -required
- Must have ability to learn quickly, and work as part of a team. -required
- At least 1 year of experience in customer service preferably in upscale food and beverage. -preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is helpful. -preferred
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and mornings. -required
- Resume. -required
- In-person interviews. -preferred
Schedule is typically mornings, five days a week starting at 5:30am
Learn more about:
The Vail Marriott: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/whrco-vail-marriott-mountain-resort/
Vail Resorts Grooming Policy: http://jobs.vailresorts.com/info/company-policies.aspx Vail Hospitality's Grooming policy may be slightly more stringent due to our luxury brand.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127370
4 months ago