Work for Vail Resorts
Banquet Set-up Houseperson - Part Time - Seasonal - The Village at Breckenridge
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Banquet Set-Up Houseperson is an important member of the Breckenridge Banquet Team. Responsible for helping ensure our guests get the highest quality and service for their conference and special event’s needs.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provides prompt, accurate, professional and friendly food and beverage setup.
- Maintains strict Breckenridge Hospitality standards.
- Performs conference setups daily operations including setting conference rooms, posting signs, refreshes, teardowns, vacuuming, and assorted cleaning.
- Assists coworkers internally and externally, resort-wide.
- Ensures assigned functions adhere to the 24 hour setup rule.
- Maintains linen and inventories to par levels.
- Maintains equipment and keeps at par levels.
- Maintains all work areas in a neat and orderly manner at all times.
- Checks banquet area before, during and after shift for proper set & cleanliness.
- Follows established checklists for opening & closing duties, responsible for security of meeting rooms.
- Ensures all BEO's are followed and serviced in a timely manner.
- Follows all appropriate regulations for Food Service, Safety & Sanitation, MSDS, TIPS (alcohol service ), Fire, Equipment, Chemical Management.
- Displays excellent communication/organizational skills and proven ability to work under high pressure.
- May be required to assist any other resort or F&B department, including serving and bartending
- High School Diploma or GED - Required
- Must be able to move heavy banquet equipment and furniture for long periods of time.
- Minimum 1 year in a food and beverage service/setup position - Preferred
- Hospitality experience - Preferred
- May be required to work extended hours/split shifts/back to back shifts/6-7 days per week if needed
- May be required to work outdoors in adverse weather
- Must be available on call on short notice with ability to respond to last minute changes
- In person interview with hiring manager - Strongly preferred
- Must have clean driving record and pass motor vehicle background check - Required
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125581
4 months ago