Work for Vail Resorts
Back of House Supervisor - Mountain Dining
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Kitchen supervisor is responsible for training, assigning duties, giving responsibilities at work stations to line cooks and dishwashers ensuring quality controls are adhered to in preparing and serving food. Involved in determining portion sizes, contributing to menu creation and minimizing waste.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with menu planning and maintaining a high level of quality in all Food & Beverage offering.
- Recommend and implement preparation to reduce costs of goods sold and guiding cooks to insure correct methodologies are followed.
- Supervises and delegates tasks to cooks
- Communicates any departmental concerns to the Sous Chef
- Implement control on quality along with consistency of every eatable item
- Ensures food ingredients are stored in their designated area and rotated in the proper manner
- Ensure department orders for supplies and products are timely and accurate
- Analyze and control product transfers, waste and spoilage, using appropriate forms
- Have a good understanding of department financials and labor budgets
- Assist with inventory, margin analysis and cost control
- Adheres to Vail Resorts Culinary Guidelines including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner
- Understands the importance of standards, speed, and quality.
- Demonstrates advanced culinary skill sets, knife skills, banquet service prep for bulk operation.
- Ensures entire outlet operates under HACCP guidelines and adheres to Serve Safe Culinary Guidelines.
- Prepares food to the specification of the Sous Chef and holds the staff to the same standard
- Responsible for PeopleSoft lunch audits as well as OT reports and monitoring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of previous restaurant or culinary service experience
- 1 year + Supervisory Experience
- Computer Skills : Microsoft Office ( Must be trainable)
- Able to communicate English
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Culinary degree
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123557
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago