Work for Vail Resorts
Assistant Store Manager - True North
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for day-to-day operations of True North in the absence of the Manager. Will be responsible for merchandising, staff training and development, receiving and transferring and overall supervision of store operations.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Generate sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Evaluate sales trends and create methods for sales growth
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Role model and administer company policies and guidelines
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, and maintain a quality core staff
- Enforce company cash handling policies and procedures, and other loss prevention policies
- Provide training resources in POS, product knowledge, guest service, resort information, and sales
- Conduct performance appraisals for and coach development of staff on a regular basis
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Communicate ideas or issues with the Regional Manager
- Manage operational budget
- Remain current on new industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Be energetic, motivated, and possess the ability to multi-task
- A minimum of 3 years of retail sales experience - preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of ski / snowboard rental management experience - required
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications - required
- Ability to communicate frequently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS system - preferred
- Must be a team player and be able to handle fast paced stressful environment
- Possess the desire to offer the highest customer service standards to guests
Vail Resorts' retail and rental operations are conducted through Vail Resorts Retail (VRR), a majority owned subsidiary. VRR operates over 160 year-round and seasonal stores under 40 + retail brand names specializing in ski, bike, golf and fly fishing products and gear. We operate in world-class locations such as Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Lake Tahoe, Denver’s Front Range and the San Francisco Bay Area.
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
- Free ski and snowboard pass to all Vail Resorts
- Seasonal Health Insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
- Excellent training and professional development
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124923
4 months ago