Work for Vail Resorts
Assistant Store Manager - Butterbox
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Assistant Store Manager - Butterbox - 835 - Northstar Ski Resort - Truckee, CA
This is a full-time, winter seasonal position.
Job Summary: To assist in managing sales, rentals, staff, operational and merchandising functions of the store to attain maximum profitability, productivity, and a world class guest experience.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Generate sales, demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Assist store manager in maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Provide training resources for employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Administer company and store policies and guidelines
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring and controlling daily payroll budget
- Maintain merchandising and cleanliness standards
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Recruit and assist in training and maintaining a quality core staff
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Assist Store Manager in enforcing a high level of grooming standards that exceed the Ritz-Carlton standards.
- Assist Store manager in requiring a high level of customer service standards that exceed those of the Ritz-Carlton.
- Assist Store Manager in creating and enforcing processes, policies, and store procedures that increase efficiency, productivity, and sales.
- Assist Store Manager in supply orders, MSDS, OSHA, and audit standards for store
- A minimum of 3 years of ski/snowboard rental experience - preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of ski / snowboard rental management experience - required
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications - required
- Ability to communicate frequently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS system - preferred
- Must be a team player and be able to handle fast paced stressful environment
- Possess the desire to offer the highest customer service standards to guests
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124575
4 months ago