Work for Vail Resorts
Assistant Manager, The 10th Restaurant
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Assistant Manager, The 10th Restaurant - Full Time, Winter Seasonal - Vail, CO
The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is looking for an ASSISTANT MANAGER to join our outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves lunch daily and is located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vail’s brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in training, and supervising all staff.
- Sets the example for all other staff for service standards, menu knowledge, wine and beverage education, and overall service excellence.
- Works on the floor in the restaurant, exceeding member and guest satisfaction as well as completing management reports pertaining to revenue accounting, tip disbursements and recording, scheduling, ordering products and equipment, payroll, inventory and keeping daily manager logs.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Make employment and termination recommendations consistent with General Manager guidelines for approval or review.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of restaurant and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Provide advice and suggestions to General Manager as needed.
- Responsible for all forms of cash handling throughout restaurant including register drawers, safe, deposits, and change orders.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Minimum 3 years of restaurant experience with at least one year at a supervisory or managerial level - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must have excellent leadership, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills required.
- Must be aware of safety and sanitation guidelines - required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent - preferred.
- Experience in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment - preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- ServSafe (or ability to obtain) – required.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125289
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago