Work for Vail Resorts
Assistant Manager, Salomon
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
- Generate sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Evaluate sales trends and create methods for sales growth
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Role model and administer company policies and guidelines
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, and maintain a quality core staff
- Enforce company cash handling policies and procedures, and other loss prevention policies
- Provide training resources in POS, product knowledge, guest service, resort information, and sales
- Conduct performance appraisals for and coach development of staff on a regular basis
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Communicate ideas or issues with the Regional Manager
- Manage operational budget
- Remain current on new industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Be energetic, motivated, and possess the ability to multi-task
- Responsible for assisting guests with boot selection, proper fit, stance, balancing, alignment, and DFP custom footbeds.
- Describes and promotes Salomon products in line with customers expressed needs and industry trends.
- Places guests in appropriate Salomon demo equipment to enhance the guest experience. Conducts and manages demo equipment inventory
- Performs in-depth boot analaysis and work including molding Salomon Custom Shells and Liners, footbed construction and modification, stance alignment and balancing.
- Demonstrates a high level of snowsports industry product knowledge.
- Prior experience skills and training are required to perform successfully at this level.
- Mentor employees new to the snowsports industry and Salomon brand.
- Prior snow sports retail experience preferred
- 3 years of outdoor industry retail sales, preferred
- Custom Boot fitting experience preferred
- Supervisory experience in a retail environment, preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous snowsport industry experience, preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate frequently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
-Full Salomon gear setup to use throughout the season.
-Great Salomon clothing and shoes provided for uniforms.
-EPIC PASS good at any Vail Resorts Mountains.
-Aggressive discounts at our store and other VRR locations.
-Aggressive discounts on Salomon gear and other brands that VRR carries.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125894
4 months ago