Work for Vail Resorts
Assistant Manager - Mountain Dining - Heavenly
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Heavenly is currently seeking Assistant Managers for a few of our on-mountain Lodges. The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in all duties related to overseeing daily restaurant and lodge function, staffing, service, safety, and product.
- Works with General Manager to ensure daily operations run smoothly and effectively
- Manages the lodge in the absence of the General Manager.
- Assures adequate staffing and supervision
- Maintains adequate inventory levels
- Inspects quality of food product received as well as what is served
- Promotes a Safety Culture to keep guests and employees safe
- Assures completion of necessary paperwork on a daily basis
- Assists with employee scheduling, development, hiring, progressive discipline and separation
- Assists in daily labor control to budgeted business volumes and weather patterns
- Minimum 2 years restaurant experience, preferably in supervisory role
- Minimum 1 year supervising a staff of 15 or more
- ServeSafe Certified - preferred
- TIPS Card Certified – preferred
- Ability to lift/carry 50lbs
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in cash-handling using a point of sale system
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to complete daily reports and paperwork in an efficient manner
- Ability to speak, read, write and communicate clearly in English
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure/high volume
- Ability to solve customer problems or issues
- Good organization and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with employees, guests, and customers to provide excellent service.
- Industry certifications include Serve Save and TIPS Card
- Intermediate Ski or Snowboard ability for on Mountain Locations
Must have a flexible work schedule which includes holidays and weekends. Must be able to work at least 40 hours a week and more during Peak/Holiday periods
We have on-mountain and base area positions available. Employees assigned to an on-mountain location must be able to Ski/Ride at an Intermediate Level and pass a Ski/Ride test upon hire. Positions are available in the following locations:
- Steins (On Mountain Lodge in California/Intermediate ski/ride level required)
- Lakeview Lodge (On Mountain Lodge in California/No ski/ride test required)
- California Main Lodge (Base Lodge in California)
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127171
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago