Work for Vail Resorts
Assistant Manager Level II - Ski Depot Sports
Winter Park, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
To assist in managing the sales, rentals, staff, operational and merchandising functions of the store to attain maximum profitability, productivity, and a world-class guest experience.
Level II stores are defined as low/medium or medium/high complexity with $0.5 to $1.5M in revenue.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full fill manager-on-duty responsibilities when scheduled
- Assist in maintaining and administering operational expectations by following company policies and guidelines
- Maintain and model high retail, merchandising and cleanliness standards as set forth by the Store and Regional Manager
- Assist Store Manager to ensure sales are generated while demonstrating and maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring and controlling daily operational budgets, including payroll
- Assist Store Manager in recruiting and maintaining a quality core staff
- Assist in on boarding and training of new employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Be energetic, motivated and possess the ability to multi task
- Communicate ideas or issues with the store manager
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 2 years of retail experience required, snowsports retail experience required
- 1 year of supervisory experience required
- English fluency
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS systems preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; stores are open 7 days a week and hours vary depending upon location, season, and type of store
Our employees have been making a name for themselves since 1976 with their love for the outdoor industry. Breeze at Ski Depot Sports located in beautiful Winter Park, CO is truly in the heart of the Rockies and the heart of outdoor living. We make sure our employees are taken care with both a Winter Park lift pass and a Vail Resorts lift pass. Our employees thrive on delivering exceptional customer service with the amazing selection of products our store offers. Share your enthusiasm for the outdoors with us! www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126051 ELJ
5 months ago