Work for Vail Resorts
Assistant Manager - Dercum Ice Rink
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Dercum Ice Rink is a 7,200-square-foot Ice Skating Rink in River Run Village. Offering day and night skating this is quickly becoming a Keystone family favorite activity! This position is responsible for providing direct supervision of ice rink and skate rental shop operation. Other job duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a safe, professional environment at the ice rink and rental shop.
- Perform routine maintenance on rental shop
- Maintain cleanliness of rental shop, ice surface, and surrounding area
- Perform routine ice maintenance with resurfacing equipment.
- Manage Food & Beverage needs for Ice Rink clientele
- Rent skates, run register, and monitor finances received at rental shop.
- Monitor inventory of rental shop
- Use of skate sharpener
- Manage group reservations and special events held at the rink
- Manage rink/rental attendants and operations of the rink and rental shop in a professional manner.
- Respond to customer service issues in a professional manner
- Provide training for rink attendants
- Keep a record of ice conditions and incidents at the ice rink.
- Initiate medical assistance for injured patrons
- High School Graduate or Equivalent - required
- Must be at least 21 Years Old
- At least one year in a supervisory position - required
- At least two years in a customer service focused job - required
- At least one year in a retail or rental job - required
- Ability to Ice Skate at an Intermediate level or better - required.
- Experience with cash handling and reporting - required
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License - required
- Basic First Aid and CPR - preferred
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word - required
- Must speak fluent English - required
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126891
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago