Work for Vail Resorts
Assistant Manager - Beaver Creek Sports - 750
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
To manage the day-to-day store operations by establishing and maintaining a high level of customer service and operational excellence. To provide managerial support for the Store Manager in staff management, budget development / maintenance and policy enforcement.
A Level III store is defined as having high complexity with a revenue volume of $1.5M to $5M or any complexity with a revenue volume of $5M or higher.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the daily work within the store when manager on-duty – determining sales techniques, dividing work, scheduling, monitoring and implementing compliance measures and loss prevention techniques, maintaining merchandising and cleanliness standards
- Meet operational expectations by administering company policies and implementing and maintaining high retail standards as set forth by the Store and Regional Manager
- Participate in hiring and on boarding of new employees– interviewing, selecting, training, setting rates of pay
- Engage in performance management of store personnel – handling employee complaints, disciplining employees, appraising employee productivity, monitoring employee sales performance
- Engage in performance management of store personnel – evaluating employee performance, delivering timely feedback and administering performance evaluations
- Provide training resources for employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Ensure the store associates follow company sales and selling standards and provide excellent customer service
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Contribute to the planning and control activities for the store’s annual operating budget
- Monitor daily payroll budgets
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Create, manage and monitor store work schedules
- Generate sales, demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Provide guidance and assist with customer inquiries and complaints
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127270
5 months ago