Work for Vail Resorts
Assistant F&B Manager - Talons - Winter Seasonal
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Talons Assistant Manager is responsible for providing an entrepreneurial spirit & personality in the operations by bringing organizational skills, leadership and a warm front door presence to the restaurant. The goal is to operate the highest quality dining experience while still achieving profitability goals. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist payroll, personnel, paperwork and other issues as they occur
- Assures proper preparations and presentation of food and beverage items
- Conducts on the job training, including, but not limited to New Employee Orientation and safety initiatives, as well as maintain all training records.
- Responsible for guiding and ensuring employees are onboarded properly including TIPS Certification and Serv Safe Certification where required.
- Assist in Hiring and Separating Food Service personnel and performing payroll functions
- All scheduling of employees
- Oversees the food and beverage sales and Front of the House ordering
- Maintains a harmonious working relationship with other departments and non Vail Resorts, Inc. entities
- Meets All Compliance Requirements (SOX).
- Attend all required compliance and Training classes
- Complete an accurate monthly inventory
- Shuttle employees to and from work as required
- Customer relations skills required
- Enforce all Safety & Sanitation Regulations
- Non Smoking work environment
- Other Duties as Assigned by the General Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Some college experience - preferred
- At least 2 years food service experience - required
- At leastone year supervisory experience - required
- English fluency - required
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other MS Window operations - required
- Serve Safe and T.I.P.S. certifications - preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs - required
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to work a varied schedule in a fast paced environment
- Must be available holidays, weekends and evenings - required
- Must be flexible in regards to scheduling, at times it will be required to come in early and or stay late past normal operating hours - required
- Must be able to operate or be trained to operate a wide variety of vehicles - required
- Intermediate or above skiing or riding ability - preferred
- Mechanically inclined - preferred
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126269
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago