Work for Vail Resorts
Alpine DEVO Coach - Ski and Snowboard School - Full Time and Part Time
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Vail Development Team - DEVO - is a multi session youth ski and snowboard program offered through the Vail Children's Ski & Snowboard School. Devo’s mission is to create lifelong skiers and riders while introducing young athletes to mountain safety and etiquette in a social, team oriented environment. The program offers lessons that include Junior, Youth, Teen, Freestyle, Race, All Mountain, and Snowboard.
The Vail Development Team Coach will provide quality ski coaching to a group of high level skiing children for the duration of the 15 week program and may be asked to teach additional days within the Vail Ski & Snowboard School. The DEVO coach will maintain the highest levels of guest safety while creating the "Experience of a Lifetime" on Vail Mountain for their students. The DEVO coach will provide high quality instruction for children ages 4-16 years of age. The minimum skiing ability for this position is a level 7 - comfortable skiing dynamic parallel turns in control on any of Vail's black diamond runs.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
· Clearly and accurately coaching to the assigned level of skiing.
· Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
· Evaluating child development and communicating with parents regarding development of their child.
· Ensuring that student’s skill levels are appropriately matched and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
· Working with team members to create a cohesive, fun, safe, and social environment.
· Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
· Able to work cooperatively with staff from Ski and Ride School as well as other departments.
· Completion of 48 hrs of Development Team Specific assessment and training.
· High School or Equivalent Education - required.
· Attend VDT training sessions - required.
· Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic Internet navigation - required.
· Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written) - required.
· Must have excellent guest service skills - required.
· Must have excellent communication skills - required.
· Must work well in a team - required.
· Must successfully complete a background check - required.
· Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment - required.
· Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions - required.
· Must be available to work holidays and weekends - required.
· Experience working children and teens - preferred.
· PSIA/AASI Level 1, 2 or 3 certification or equivalent - preferred.
· Minimum Level 7 Alpine skiing ability - able to perform dynamic parallel turns on all Vail Mtn’s. black diamond terrain in control - required.
· Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring - preferred.
· Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience - preferred.
· Knowledge of local area/resort - preferred.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125328
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago