Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Pastry Cook - Alpenglow Stube
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
An advanced pastry cook is responsible for ensuring that all resort guests and conference/catered events experience the best tasting, visually appealing and highest quality pastries available while assisting maintaining a profitable and environmentally aware department.
Other job duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Follow and/or prepare prep sheets accurately and with a sense of urgency.
- Read, understand, and follow recipes and standards.
- May be required to create recipes, cost and develop pastry menu.
- Responsible for maintaining clean and organized storage areas for all food items and for proper rotation.
- Other duties, including cleaning, stewarding, and other duties as assigned by management.
- Extensive knowledge and application of sanitary practices, personal hygiene, safe food handling, and basic kitchen practices.
- Desire and ability to work as part of a team.
- Capable of reading BEOs, amenity request forms and other documents for proper execution of pastry goods.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Should have the ability to be responsible for a department area of an operation.
- Able to work multiple stations, work off a prep list and set up in time allotted. Practices "clean as you go" techniques that insure the pastry kitchen, dish room, storage and heart-of-the-house areas are both clean and safe.
- Posess strong fabrication skills and understand importance of leaving next shift fully prepared.
- Education: HS Diploma Required, Culinary Degree Preferred
- Computer Operations: familiar with MS office
- Licenses/Accreditations: ServSafe or will be provided upon hire
- Previous Work Experience: 3+ years in Food and Beverage, Pastry Experience strongly preferred, fine dining strongly preferred
- Language: Proficient in English, written and spoken
- Other Specific Requirements: must pass and adhere to Knife Safety and ServSafe upon hire. Must provide own slip resistant shoes prior to first day of work.
- Preferred but not Required: Baking or Pastry experience in fine dining will be given strong consideration.
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126994
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago