Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Maintenance Technician - Beaver Creek Resort Properties
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Performs routine, emergency, and preventive maintenance on all facilities and equipment managed by the department, and is able to work with little to no supervision. Able to make competent decisions while thinking of the guest, owner, and resort interest at all times. Maintains a good attitude and people skills at all times, including during high-pressure situations and adverse equipment failures. Use skill-based knowledge to perform tasks in a professional manner at all times with focus on safety, efficiency, and quality of work. Planning, execution, control, and communication within department as well as other departments, homeowners, and guests as necessary. Vail resorts core values are necessary to succeed in this function.
- Ensure that the integrity of the resort assets is maintained.
- Implement preventative maintenance programs for rental units, public areas, and equipment.
- Plan, scope and coordinate projects with sub-contractors, property managers, and homeowners when required and obtain the required estimates.
- Order and maintain required parts for stock for critical equipment for assigned areas.
- Follow all safety procedures and alert supervisor to any unsafe conditions that may exist.
- Work with other departments and area managers as required.
- Possess own hand tools and keep them in a safe functional manner at all times.
- Maintain job logs updated daily.
- Repair and replace parts, piping valves and other fittings, dry wall application, painting and other repair and maintenance duties.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose a variety of electrical, mechanical, controls and plumbing issues.
- Report all emergencies and critical equipment failures to immediate supervisor.
- Knowledgeable on Lock out tag out procedure, OSHA, EPA and MSDS.
- Planning, prioritizing, organizing and controlling are key attributes.
- Respond to priority work orders in a timely fashion.
- Abide by all safety rules and regulations from corporate, State and Federal.
- Provide training to other maintenance staff in job-specific tasks and skills.
- Attend training classes and receive training from other maintenance staff as well as outside contractors.
- Maintain good attitude and people skills even during high-pressure situations, be a good leader.
- Other duties as assigned related to function.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Able to work standing for long periods
- Able to use ladders to access equipment
- Able to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as necessary
- High School graduate or equivalent - required
- HVAC expereince - required
- Must be 18 years old or older - required
- Read, write, speak English - required
- Able to communicate as necessary orally and in writing, including via cell phone and email – required
- Able to work and/or be on-call nights, weekends, and holidays – required
- Able to respond to service order requests in a timely manner – required
- Demonstrated attention to detail – required
- Strong basic computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, internet search engines) - required
- Valid state-issued driver's license - required
- Strong knowledge and skills in a broad range of building/construction trades such as carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, building alarm and sprinkler systems, and Direct Digital Controls - preferred
- EPA 608 – Refrigerant Handling certification - preferred
- 4+ years experience in general maintenance or trades – preferred
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123614
6 months ago