Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Grooming / Winch Operator - Winter Seasonal 2016/2017
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Advanced Grooming, Snowcat Winch Operator - Winter Seasonal, Full Time, Vail Mountain
The Advanced Grooming, snowcat winch operator will be responsible for safely operating winch snowcats, regular snowcats and other grooming equipment to ensure Vail Mountain has it's legendary groomed terrain open to guests throughout the season.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Work with snowmaking to efficiently build early-season trails.
- Prepare and maintain all snow surface conditions for skiers/riders of all levels.
- Fulfill the project needs and dozing needs of other departments.
- Ability and/or willingness to operate all makes and models of snowcats.
- Assist with other various outside projects when needed - examples include special events, avalanche mitigation and extractions.
- Work in extreme cold conditions and assist our mechanics when needed to troubleshoot breakdowns in the field.
- Lead safety discussions and ensure others are aware of higher level safety concerns.
- Responsible for the safety of our guests and employees on the mountain.
- Physical labor will be required on a daily basis.
- Instruction of less experienced staff may be required.
- Attendance at scheduled departmental meetings during the winter.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Must be 18+ years of age - required.
- Valid drivers license - required.
- Ability to speak and understand English; must be able to communicate via radio - required.
- Ability to withstand extreme cold and variable winter conditions - required.
- Ability to climb in and out of snowcat - required.
- Ability to clean and remove ice from vehicle at end of every shift - required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and shovel large quantities of snow - required.
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and work in small groups - required.
- Positive attitude and a team player - required.
- 3-5 years of previous grooming/snowcat operating experience - required.
- 3-5 years of previous winch snowcat operating experience - preferred.
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment - preferred.
- Knowledge of Vail Mountain - preferred.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123014
Tourism - Travel
18 days ago