Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Cook - Zach's Cabin - Winter Seasonal
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Perched on the mountainside high above Bachelor Gulch, it’s hard to compare Zach’s to any other restaurant. Zach’s Cabin is considered one of the best restaurants in the Vail Valley. Zach’s has been awarded the Wine Spectator “Best Of” Award of Excellence for seven years running. We would like to invite you to become a part of our team and work in one of the most unique settings the valley has to offer.
Advanced Cook responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Works with the Executive Chef, General Manager and Sous Chef to prepare, cook and serve food at established quality standards.
- Advanced Cook is proficient in all positions in the kitchen and may be responsible for training and overseeing daily kitchen operations.
- The Advanced Cook has the ability to work off prep lists; complete station setup in time allotted; fabricate items to the Chef’s standards; provides training and assistance to junior staff.
- Must be able to expedite food, solve problems as they arise and be flexible to deal with special requests.
- Will be required to know and follow all company safety guidelines and use personal protective equipment when working.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 18 years or older - required
- High School diploma or the equivalent - required
- Able to work Holidays and weekends - required
- Able to work 8 to 10 hour shifts in a hot kitchen environment - required
- At least 3 years of cooking experience - required
- Full season commitment - required
- Able to lift 50 lbs - required
- Must have prior knowledge of cutting techniques, kitchen safety and sanitation - required
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand english conversationally - required
- Serve Safe certification - preferred
- Culinary degree - preferred
- 5 or more years of fine dining cooking experience – preferred
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125941
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago