Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Cook - The Marriott
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Preps and works quickly and cleanly and is responsible for an assigned station in kitchen.
- Ability to work all stations in kitchen as required.
- Assist culinary team in achieving labor and food production goals
- Help assure safe and clean work condition for all personnel.
- Cook and prepare food to order on a daily basis to the standard and quality expected.
- Follows directions/specifications of the chef and supervisors.
- Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with service staff.
- Help the chef maintain all par levels for the kitchen
- Help to receive food and dry goods for the kitchen and properly account for such deliveries.
- Will prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls using proper culinary techniques.
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
- Work multiple stations; work off a prep list and complete station set up in time allotted.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Food and Beverage Department and Vail Resorts.
- Practices good personal hygiene, safe food handling and culinary skills.
- Must adhere to Cutting Edge Safety Training and ServSafe Training
- Minimum 2 years of quality cook experience - Required
- Culinary degree/certification - Preferred
- Possesses strong abilities in all applicable cooking techniques and practices
- Has own culinary tools or ability to purchase if required by outlet - required
- Must provide Certified Slip Resistant Shoes
- Supervisory experience - preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Positive work ethic
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and stand for the duration of the shift.
- Work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126458
6 months ago